User Tools

Site Tools



rear axle

The rear axle also was in a good condition, so I decided to leave the rubber bearings in.

I only cleaned off the rust, replaced the shock absorbers and added enforcement springs to take up with the weight of the batteries.

Rear axle after removing shock absorbers and springs.

Original and enforcement springs.

Wasting time on cleaning a brake drum (I could not help it, guess it is just fun making some rusty thing shine).

Rear axle cleaned and assembled. On the second picture (that you also already know from the “rust prevention” chapter), you already may have a glimpse at the rear battery box that now replaces the tank.

*** back to top of this page ***

astra_conv/base_vehicle/restoration/rear_axle.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/30 19:23 (external edit)